Sunday 3 March 2013

Text to self connection!

For today's literacy blog, you will make a connection between something in your novel and yourself. This could be a character, a plot event or a theme or idea that reminds your of something in your own life!

My connection to my book is when George and Lennie are talking about their dream ("American dream") of living on their own farm/ranch with not a boss in sight or even boss present. Where the two boys can raise their own bunnies that Lennie can tend to and pet, grow strawberries and live without any rules and restrictions to follow.
I'm one hundred percent sure that everyone has thought of their future before. And most people have multiple dreams and goals they want to accomplish within their lifetime. Whether its buying your first house or someday being able to stand on the podium at the Olympics with a gold metal hanging fom your neck. Everyone wants to achieve something.
I have many in my life some for right now and some for later in my life. An example would be to finish this blog with over two hundred fifty words and publish it before tomorrow morning.
Some of my bigger goals are someday getting a full scholarship to a university in the states with a swim team, large campus and hopefully somewhere warm and by the ocean! I would be ecstatic! Even further into my life I hope to find a job that I like and love! A career that involves colour, art, and houses, creativity! Maybe interior design? My job would pay enough so that I could buy my own land and build my own house, a house that would be created to fully suit me! Then when I'm ready start a family and watch them grow up.
As you can see this may be way more detailed and compact then George and Lennie's dream. But it shows what I said earlier that everyone has dreams and goals even fictional characters!

1 comment:

  1. it so wonderful that you can make such an emotional connection zoey!! good job champ!

    ReplyDelete