Thursday 16 May 2013



My assignment this week was to cast my own production of A Midnight's Summers Dream.


The first character is Puck:

Adam Sandler as Puck!

For the character Puck, I chose the actor Adam Sandler to play the role of Puck. Adam is a great actor and is in many popular movies such as Bedtime StoriesJust go with it, Grown Ups, Jack and Jill. He always plays the trickster or the really goofy character he can also be mischievous  The picture I've attached you can even see that he is a funny kind of person, it's not a typical kind of actor shot and looks a bit crazy. Adam Sandler would be a great pick for Puck because the character is also a absurd! "Either I mistake your shape and making quite, Or else you are that shrewd and knavish sprite Call'd Robin Goodfellow. Are you not he That frights the maidens of the villagery," (I,i,32-35) "Thou speak'st alright: I am that merry wanderer of the night." (I,i,43-44) This shows that Puck is a mischievous and likes to trick people and scare them as well. Sandler would be a perfect fit for this role.

Second character, Titania:
Gwyneth Paltrow as Titania!

        You may recognize this elegant actress from Iron Man and her tittle for Most Beautiful Woman 2013. Titania is presented as the fairy queen, a beautiful creature, sentimental, and assertive. I believe that Gwyneth would do a great job acting as Titania. She has a sweet look to her, flowy, and can be rough as well. Her acting in Iron Man has shown us that her innocent look can be shifted into an action role as well  "Out of this wood do not desire to go: Thou shalt remain here, whether thou wilt or no. I am a spirit of no common rate; The Summer still doth tend upon my state: And I do love thee: therefore, go with me;" (III, ii, 73-76) The quote tells us that even Titania is sweet but has a adventurous other side.

Third Character, Helena:
Catherine Zeta Jones as Helena!

I chose Catherine to play Helena because  both have the capability to display a whole lots of different character traits. Catherine is very talented and is confident is all she acts. “None, but your beauty: would that fault were mine!” (I, i, 209) Helena is a jealous freak and wishes she could be more like Hermia so that Demetrius would be in love with her rather than Hermia. Catherine would very easily slide right into the role of Helena.






1 comment:

  1. Those are good choices! I picked Adam Sandler to play puck as well. I would have never thought to choose Gwyneth Paltrow to play Tatiana but it makes sense in your explanation. Good job Zoey.

    ReplyDelete